based on the google analytic reports i receive on the blog it appears that my past posts on the course requirements for the previous d.min courses i’ve taken at nobts have been accessed by people via searches and therefore i am assuming useful. if nothing else it lets pam know what i am doing (and therefore she is able to hold me accountable) and gives my mom new things to google.
therefore, i am posting what i am doing over the next two weeks in prep for my march 18-20th "church planting leadership" seminar.
- read "now, discover your strengths" and take the strengthsfinder personality profile – done
- read "mindset: the new psychology of success" & post an annotated analysis- half way through
- read "spin off churches," review it and post to facebook – started
- read "organic disiplemaking," review it and post to facebook
- read "leadership as a lifestyle," review it and post to facebook
- base on the reading write up three ways to develop leaders and then post that to facebook
- do statistical research and discover two groups in my geographical area that would possibly respond positively to a new church plant. explain what you would do in trying to connect with them.
i’m not sure if dr. allen is reading my blog or facebook notes (if you’re reading this – hi dr. allen) so i probably shouldn’t make the following comment but i will anyway – i’m not sure how i feel about posting the stuff on facebook. it could be an amazing way to share these thoughts with both my fellow students and others or not so much. i haven’t done it before so we”l just have to see. i do know one absolutely amazing thing about posting them to facebook – NO TURABIAN. i don’t know why all the seminaries use turabian when other academic institutions seem to be fleeing her. oh how i hate kate!