so the boys are a sleep, the gifts have been placed out, and pam and i are settling down for a “long winter’s nap.” i thought before i go to bed i would write about our CHRISTmas traditions. we hae some set patterns for CHRISTmas eve and CHRISTmas that have been a part of our family since the boys were very young.
- supper – everyone gets to pick their favorite appetizer and we eat all of it together. it’s a simple meal that is fun for everyone. it works real well in rushing to eat after the CHRISTmas eve church service.
- movie – we all watch “CHRISTmas vacation” together. what a fun movie.
- read the CHRISTmas story from the gospel of luke.
- the boys get to open 3 presents. every year we give them a new CHRISTmas tree ornament and pajamas. we also allowed them to open the gift that they give to each other. here are the ornaments and pajamas from this year: adam – nightmare before CHRISTmas ornament & sponebob pajamas; noah – espn sports center ornament & superman pajamas. adam gave noah a “signed” photo of uga (the georgia mascot – noah is a huge goergia fan) and noah gave adam an itunes gift card – adam likes the music.
- when the boys go to sleep the gifts are placed out from santa and pam and i go to bed.
- the boys are not allowed to wake us up until 7 a.m. we had to start this rule because noah would wake up at 3 a.m. and be ready to open gifts.
- CHRISTmas lunch is pastalaya. it’s good stuff and it will be even better because we’ll share it with a couple of friends this year.
- movie – the family (and hopefully our two friends) go to a movie at the theater.
day after CHRISTmas
- travel to alabama
the above are the typical things that happen. i hope your CHRISTmas is full of friends, family, and fun. i also hope that you encounter CHRIST in someone who joins you for your celebrations.