I know recently I haven’t been posting much on the blog and this makes me sad. Not so much because I believe many people other than my mom and dad read this thing (Hi Mom! Hi Dad) but more so because I think through things better when I am writing about them. Unfortunately the vast majority of the interesting experiences that I am going through right now are happening in St. Michael’s hospital or in my Clinical Pastoral Education peer meeting and both of these are covered by various layers of confidentiality so I can’t type about them. This is pretty frustrating because I have had some pretty cool and funny things happen to and around me. I am going to force myself to start writing a few times each week because I miss it.
So here are some random thoughts:
- I wish there was a really good chili dog place in Point. I don’t know of one right now but I have been told that Square Scoops has a decent hotdog. I’ll find out in the next week or two. Every now and then I get the urge to start my own chili dog push cart. It would be cool during the Summer but I have no idea what I would do with it during the Winter.
- Reading a merely mediocre book after reading a string of really good books is a taxing experience. I am presently reading An Introduction to Pastoral Care by Charles Gerkin for CPE right now and it is ok. I just find it hard to get into Gerkin’s writing style. This is driving me nuts because I just finishing reading The American Spiritual Cultural by William Dean and World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War by Max Brooks, both of which really drew me in. Unfortunately I have to finish Gerkin’s book for CPE and thus I will push through it. I’m not sure what I am going to start on after I finish Gerkin. Thinking about reading some Kathryn Tanner (Christ the Key) or reading some Kurt Vonnegut.
- No work has been done on Fred the Sentra for the past few months because snow is on the ground and therefore the garage is pretty much always wet or icy. Not a fun environment for being under a car. I’ve been researching a few things on how to fix the rust spots. I think I will be teaching myself to weld this Summer.
- Just in case you don’t know this – I have a really cool family. Pam and the boys are just awesome and interesting people. I really enjoy talking with my wife and kid ands and hearing their thoughts on the world. If you haven’t recently hung out with Pam, Adam, or Noah you really should.
- Since I am bragging on family I also want to make sure you guys know how awesome the church I get to be a part of is. Tapestry is awesome. I am honored to be a part of it. If you haven’t looked at the Lenten Project that we are doing you really should.
- I’m doing a poll on Tapestry’s facebook page right now concerning what the church’s next message series should be. Right now “Anything as long as it is short” seems to be the consensus winner. I guess 88 weeks on the Gospel according to Mark might have been a little long. 🙂
I guess that is it for now. Hopefully this will get the blogging stone rolling again.