1) What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
- planted a church!
- finished a marathon
- caught a muskie
- caught a smallmouth bass – remember i was raised fishing in the south
- taken a doctoral level class
2) Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
- most but not all of them
3) Did anyone close to you give birth?
- some former youth
4) Did anyone close to you die?
5) What countries did you visit?
- minnesota 🙂
6) What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
7) What date(s) from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- may 18 – finished first marathon
- august 6 – tapestry provided a village of 300 with clean running water
- september 14 – TAPESTRY’S FIRST PUBLIC WORSHIP GATHERING
8) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
- these are both group achievements but planting tapestry & finishing the marathon
9) Did you suffer illness or injury?
- sick as a dog at CHRISTmas – worst i’ve felt in years
- decided it would be nice to stick a fish hook through my thumb.
10) What was the best thing you bought?
- a bright yellow canoe – thanks mom and dad
11) Whose behavior merited celebration?
- pam – becoming the most amazing professor ever
- adam & noah – acting out the four things and adjusting so well to the late 2007 mvoe
- the tapestry launch and worship teams – all of them are servants
12) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
- a couple of pastors whom i am fairly sure bore false testimony against someone whose views they don’t like.
13) Where did most of your money go?
- bills, diet coke, coffee, tithe (hopefully not in that order)
14) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
- tapestry’s launch – i still gets goose bumps
- family trips to chicago and milwaukee
- smallmouth bass fishing with friends and family
- wisconsin summers – there is nothing prettier
- cheese and crackers with pam at night
15) What song will always remind you of 2008?
- "the way i am" by ingrid micealson – it’s a pam thing
16) Compared to this time last year, are you:
- Wiser? yeah, i think so
- Healthier? probably a little but i was already into the running thing last year
- Richer? far from it
17) What do you wish you’d done more of?
- played basketball
- cleaned the garage
- bushwhacked the backyard
18) What do you wish you’d done less of?
- watched tv when there was no reason too.
19) How did you spend Christmas?
20) Did you fall in love in 2008?
- nope, just continued to learn what real love is all about – i’ve been in love since 1987.
21) What was your favorite blog post that you wrote?
- not sure if i understand this one? is it asking about my own blog or a post i read somewhere else? i’ll have to think about this one.
22) What were your favorite TV programs?
- the office
23) Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
- i don’t think so
24) What was the best book you read?
25) What was your greatest musical discovery?
- at the moment i am really liking the welcome wagon
26) What did you want and get?
- a church i could be proud to be part of and oh yes i got it
27) What did you want and not get?
- cross country ski boots – couldn’t find the ones i wanted (i.e cheap ones) anywhere.
28) What was your favorite film of this year?
- if it is just in theater then probably “the dark knight”
- if first watching’s of dvd’s count then “into the wild”
29) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
- i’m 41 and i curled and then hung out with my family
30) Which celebrity/public figure did you like the most?
- wow – this one is hard. truthfully i distrust most celebrities/public figures.
31) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
- whatever pam buys me – is that a style?
32) What kept you sane?
- the family, the dogs, the running, and the fishing
33) Who did you miss?
- the suite and honorary members of the suite
34) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
- once you think you are finally dreaming big, stop, grab a diet coke, and realize it’s not as crazy of an idea as it should be so dream bigger still
35) What did you gain this year?
- a reason to love sunday evenings
- a lot of new friends
- new missions
- some great times with pam
36) What did you lose this year?
- the money i spent on my ticket to see "indiana jones and the kingdom of the crystal skull" – what a waste of film
37) Who was the best new person you met?
- i met a ton of amazing people in 2007 that i won’t mention here because this is about 2008. thankfully i met a ton of cool people in 2008 also. i’ll just mention a few
- all the people involved in leading tapestry worship – heather, hilary, sarah, eric, jackson, and joel
- perry polnaszek & jerrmiah mitchell
- josh ross
- josh jones
38) Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
- have to do some research on this