just typing a few random things:
- even though it’s not official yet it appears that i have beat my brother in the semi-finals of our family’s fantasy football league. i just wanted to point out that he should not feel like a complete loser just because i have smashed his face into the ground!
- i received my rapala rewards stuff yesterday: stainless steel pliers, fishing clippers, rattlin’ rapala sinking lure, and a sticker. woohoo! i love free stuff. it’s great when you get promo stuff for something that you were going to buy anyway.
- how did the packers go from the nfc championship last year to not even making it into the playoffs this year? argh!
- walking the dogs today i found a new coat, a new pair of socks, a new scarf, a new pair of yaktraks, and a torn package for a hitachi 160 gb portable hardrive. this is not typical stuff to find on the side of the road and i thought it might have been thrown out from a break-in. so i called the sheriffs’ department. they came, picked up the stuff and said it did seem like the type of stuff that would be dropped off from a break-in. the deputy also added that there had been some car break-ins recently so he would check the stuff to see if it matched any of the break-in losses. of course, i quickly said that if no one came in for the yaktraks then i would like to claim them.
- i have a love/hate relationship with the book of jeremiah. while i really love some of the point of the book, jeremiah’s constant wailing really grates my nerves. the crying prophet … sometimes i just want to scream “get a backbone!” there are some biblical figures that i would love to hang out with and others that i’m fairly sure i wouldn’t connect with as well. i tend to think jeremiah would be on the “not connecting” list. this is all the worse since my next seminar at nobts is on the book of jeremiah.
- is anyone else with a wordpress blog experiencing problems with the “now reading” plugin?
- the two videos that i used at tapestry 12.14.2008 are below