yesterday, after a month of globetrotting around the world my lost dufflebag that delta airlines lost at the end of our mission trip to nicargua came back home. last week i had actually turned in my “loss claim” and figured delta would just be reimbursing me for the loss. of course, i was pretty upset by this fact because there were certain things in my bag that couldn’t be replaced, such as;
- the table runner and random fabricy thingie i bought in masaya for pam
- the baseball jerseys i purchased in nicaragua for my boys
- my last almost complete moleshine journal – filled with decent and terrible ideas from the past year and a half.
- the flip flops that i have spent the past 2 1/2 years wearing in (i bought these to replace the pair i had for seven years that finally broke after they were really welling good.)
- the soccer jerseys i purchased for myself when i was in diriamba – the england national team and manchester united
- the six pounds of coffee that i brought back for my family and friends.
the other things could be replaced but the list above would be hard to correct. thankfully my duffle bag of eight years is now back and i am presently wearing my flip flops. ahhhhhhh! life is good.