above is my “cat scratch” dry erase board drawing of the flow of the worship service wednesday, april 27, 2005. we’re going to be dealing with being on journey with GOD – an abraham experience. the way we are doing this is to turn the entire service into a physical journey. here’s what will happen:
- everyone usually just walks into the the student center auditorium in preparation for the service. wednesday they will start outside and begin walking around the building as a part of the service.
- this first leg of their walk around the student center will be surrounded by reminders and symbols of beginning a walk with JESUS – these are being developed by a student within the youth ministry.
- the second leg of the journey around the student center will be surrounded by reminders and symbols of hardships we sometimes face while walking with CHRIST – these are being developed by a student within the youth ministry.
- the third part of the journey will be surrounded by reminder and symbols of times or refreshing within our walk with our LORD – these are being developed by a student within the youth ministry.
- the students will then enter the building and walk a labyrinth – to calm their thoughts down and focus on conversing with GOD. i have two students who are setting the labyrinth up.
- the teens will then enter a room that is full of shoes. for the past three months i have been collecting shoes from individuals who had profound experiences with GOD while wearing those shoes. they have written down a summary of the experiences they had and those experiences will be attached to the shoes. the students will be able to enter the room and browse through the shoes and written testimonies.
- the students will then enter the auditorium for singing and a message that focus on being on journey with GOD.
if you click on the above picture it will take you to flickr where you can view an image that i marked with the flow of the view. i’ll post pictures after we finish the service.